A Communist (Andreas Solowiechek) has been arrested and charged with assassinating a U.S. senator (William Townsend). The mission is to get him to admit he was not acting on orders of his government ... and do it on network television! This episode has a twist ending which surprises even the IMF team!
- Steven Hill as Dan Briggs
- Barbara Bain as Cinnamon Carter
- Greg Morris as Barney Collier
- Peter Lupus as Willy Armitage
- Martin Landau as Rollin Hand
- Pat Hingle as R.J. McMillan
- David Sheiner as Andreas Solowiechek
- Kent Smith as Senator William Townsend
- James Gavin as Deputy
- Biff Elliot as Guard
- Robert B. Williams as Proprietor
Dan Briggs goes to the photo gallery to pick up some pictures. He goes into the darkroom where the pictures are waiting along with the tape with the mission briefing?
Good morning, Mr. Briggs. The man in the photo on your right is Andreas Solowiechek, a member of a communist trade delegation to the US. Yesterday, Solowiechek was arrested and charged with the assassination of Senator William Townsend. Already Townsend's extremest supporters, led by his principle backer, R.J. McMillan, are demanding we break relations with the Communist Bloc. With the end of diplomatic relations, the Cold War will immediately start to heat up. Even though Solowiechek won't admit it, we're convinced that he was not acting on orders from his government. Your mission Dan, should you decide to accept it, is to prove it. As always, should you or any member of your IM Force be caught or killed, the Secretary will disavow any knowlage of your actions. Please dispose of this recording in the usual manor. Good luck, Dan.
Dan throws the tape in the alcohol vat and it self destructs.
- Andreas Solowiechek a Russian on trial for murder
- R.J. McMillan a lobbyist who wants to destroy his partners reputation
- Senator William Townsend
- The Guard