When the head of a movie studio behind the Iron Curtain alters newsreel footage to make it look like American soldiers are murderers, the plot must be exposed.
- Steven Hill as Dan Briggs
- Barbara Bain as Cinnamon Carter
- Greg Morris as Barney Collier
- Peter Lupus as Willy Armitage
- Martin Landau as Rollin Hand
- Tom Troupe as David Day
- J.D. Cannon as Miklos Klaar
- Julian Burton as Petyov
- Eric Feldary as Assistant Director
- Alfred Shelly as Gate Guard
- Arline Anderson as Receptionist
Mission Briefing Edit
Dan Briggs has been either reassigned to the CIA OP Center in Langley or ordered out of the field due to an unspecified issue with his health, which means that Cinnamon Carter has been forced to receive the mission briefing. Going to a salon, Carter asks the receptionist for Rita, whom she is told does not exist. Carter thus changes it to Olga, which is the code word Dan had given her, and the receptionist leads her into the back room. Opening a desk, Carter removes the envalope and the tape with the mission briefing.
"Good morning, Miss Carter.
"This is Miklos Klaar, the head of Cinfot Studios, one of the largest behind the Iron Curtain.
"Klaar has political ambitions, and to further them, has turned captured American newsreel footage into an atrocity film portraying our soldiers as wanton murderers. He's planning to show this to representatives of the world press. If this film is shown, it will damage the United States and our future piece talks.
"Your mission, should you decide to accept it, would be to stop Klaar, and in such a way that he can never repeat this technique.
"As always, should you or any member of your IM Force be caught or killed, the Secretary will disavow any knowlage of your actions.
"This message will self destruct in five seconds.
The tape reaches the end of the reel and self destructs. Carter then chooses and summons the IMF agents in Briggs's stead.
- American newsreel footage of Korea and Vietnam stolen by the KGB and Mikolos Klaar and used to make atrocity films.
- Canisters of film that have been altered by Klaar and must be destroyed.
- Cinfot Studios
- Miklos Klaar KGB minister of propaganda and director of Cinfot Studios.
- Assistant Director
- Gate Guard
- The Receptionist
- Director David Day